5 Day Open Water Course
- Flexible 4-5 day course
- SSI or RAID Openwater Certification
- Maximum of 4 students for each Instructor
- 4 days to complete the in-water training
- Complimentary “Introduction to Nitrox” club dive (5th Open Water dive)
- All scuba diving equipment supplied during course
- Added comfort and safety of small classes
- Post course follow up and our commitment to keep you diving
Ever thought about exploring the oceans of the world? We’d love to share the amazing underwater world with you in a fun and safe course that can be for the whole family! Whether you want to find new and exotic animals, explore shipwrecks or just relax and enjoy a new activity while making new friends. Scuba diving is for you!
At Sub Aquatics we pride ourselves in the quality of our training. You will receive professional training that is catered to suit your individual needs. With our professional and highly trained staff, our NEW and quality training equipment, purpose built classroom and our ‘SSI Diver Diamond’ award winning store, we will provide a professional course so you will be comfortable to continue with your diving adventures anywhere in the world. And once you have your Open Water Certification you have it for life.
Your life long adventure starts today! Jump on line with our free on-line training system and you can get the theoretical diving knowledge covered in the comfort of your own home. Just give us a call to get started!
With over 40 years teaching experience we have developed a course structure to help you develop as a diver at your own pace. We do not rush you and if you need more time in the water after your course we will provide this at no extra cost to you.
Day 1 and 2
- Are spent reviewing the knowledge you gained on-line and honing your skills in the controlled conditions of a swimming pool.
- You will have all the time you need to become familiar with the equipment used on an actual open water dive.
- In the pool you will also learn proper snorkelling techniques. This is vital as it allows you to save your air for diving to the depths! You may well know how to snorkel, but we will teach you some of the techniques from our free diving program, which will allow you to hold your breath longer and increase your comfort in the water.
- On day 3 you will experience your first ocean dive. Our expert instructors will choose the best dive location on the day depending on weather to ensure your safety whilst also giving you the best underwater experience possible. After the magic of your first dive you will get the opportunity to do it all over again with a second open water dive on day 3.
- Day 4 will include two more dives depending on your location and the weather. These dives allow you to demonstrate all the skills you have learnt and become a certified Open Water Diver.
- Day 5 you will have an easy introduction to Nitrox by joining us on one of our regular club dives of your choosing. There are no skills to perform underwater (other than observing the benefits of using Nitrox) so you can get your first taste of recreational diving with our friendly staff and regular club divers in a relaxing and fun environment.
Your Sub Aquatics Open Water Diver course includes only the best training materials available and high quality modern scuba equipment. Prior to your course you will need to complete your online training which consists of easy modules and multiple choice quizzes, including a final exam.
Upon successful completion of the in water training on day 4 you will receive your SSI/RAID Open Water certification card, so can go home to show your friends and family that you are now a certified Open Water diver.
- You need to be able to swim 200 meters at your own pace and demonstrate basic skills in the water
- Be at least 12 years of age for a junior diver and 15 for a senior diver
- Complete a satisfactory medical questionnaire (note if you are over 45, have a pre-existing medical condition, or if your instructor feels it necessary you will be asked to complete a full dive medical with a qualified doctor).
- For your own comfort and hygiene we require that you own your own mask, snorkel, boots and fins that are suitable for our local diving conditions. Please consult with the store regarding the requirements.